Sunday, May 5, 2013

Emotions

Ever wonder why people don't want to feel?  Why people do everything in their power to avoid feelings?  Obviously not happy, fun feelings but the dark, deeper, sad, depressed, angry or stressed feelings.  I have been mulling this over as I've been dealing with NOT wanting to feel and how I avoid this.  Everyone does, it looks different-for some it's food, for others alcohol or drugs, for others it's simply the busyness (is this a word) of life. For some it may even look like a "good" thing such as success or achieving goals constantly pushing for the next thing.  But why, why can't we feel, why do we not want to feel?  Is it that it feels out of control?  Or that we are scared of where it might lead?  Or what it would lead us to become?  Or is it just the uncomfortableness it brings?  Questions I'm asking myself....

No comments: